Thursday, September 29, 2011

Man Vs Food Meatfest

So on a recent trip to the Big D (Dallas for those of you who happen to live under a rock), my faithful food companion Kevin and I decided to follow in the footsteps of Man Vs Food yet again.

Adam went to a variety of delicious sounding places but we opted for a meat party at Sonny Bryan’s, you can check out the video here (starts about the 6:45 mark).

So we ventured down to the original Sonny Bryan’s located at 2202 Inwood near the Medical Center.

Unfortunately, we were greeted by this sign.  Yes tragically, they were out of meat so we had to head on down to the other location at 302 N Market in the West End, in the shadow of the giant Green Pickle Building.



The inside of the restaurant is full of neon lights and homage to the great state of Texas, basically perfect for a BBQ joint.

First came the rolls, fluffy pieces of heaven, warm and soft, basically amazing.  I tried to limit myself to one, but that was a lost cause.

Then came the main course, the Pitmaster Platter, a plate of every single one of the seven meats that this joint serves up.  This plate was piled high with turkey, chicken, brisket, ribs, sausage, pork, and ham.  The sausage and the ham were some of my favorites, but all in all it was a delicious plate full of meat.


For our two sides we decided to rock the cole slaw, which was surprisingly delicious with some celery seeds tossed in there that gave it a twist from what I was used to.

Option 2 was fried okra, how can you go wrong with fried okra?  Honestly.

One of my favorite aspects of this place was the sauce, a warm sauce in a Corona bottle, odd yes, but damn good.

As you can see this place was good, there was none left for you, enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. ummmmmm warm bread (in my homer simpson voice) I'm such a dork I couldn't get pass the dinner rolls. But the Que looks good.

    ReplyDelete