Saturday, September 3, 2011

Gulf Coast Goodies

There are many things that I enjoy about living along the Gulf Coast of Texas, among them are not the heat and humidity. Food is definitely one of the major perks however, and as you have seen here I am doing my best to take advantage of that.

That was what the goal was to a recent visit at Babbin's Seafood House. I had heard from various sources that this was a place I needed to try out and finally gave in. Of course I didn't get what was recommended to me but it still worked just fine.



First came the alligator, one of my favorite appetizers of all time. It has a texture and flavor similar to a chewy chicken, but it is richer and juicier. This one was served with an awkwardly orange Creole sauce that wasn't bad. This dish still has nothing on the fried alligator and accompanying sauce that gets served up at my favorite Cajun/Creole joint Pappadeaux.



Then came the main meals, my dining partner Kevin went with the meal that you would logically get at a seafood joint, a chicken sandwich. Due to his poor life choices we will simply pretend he did not eat with us.



Then came my heart attack on a plate, the 1/2 and 1/2. This dish was comprised of half a plate of fried crawfish and half a plate of crawfish étouffée. The fried crawfish was small and lacking in flavor, and the étouffée was a buttery flavor but I prefer mine to have more spice and flavor. Needless to say I should have had the special of the day, some crab stuffed tilapia instead of this flavorless artery clogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment