Tuesday, November 15, 2011

In Its Prime

So today I am serving up a primo burger to you, and you will eat it, and you will like it.  Unless you don't like the stuff on it or burgers in general so I guess you will not necessarily eat it or like it.

Beck's Prime is a local burger chain that knows how to serve up quality burgers and french fries.  My foodventure this go around took me to the "special" Beck's known as the Sportatorium located in Memorial City Mall at Gessner and I-10W.  A wall of televisions, a projector or two, and a decent selection of beers on taps all adds up to a good environment to scarf on a burger that makes you almost forget you are sitting in a busy mall full of screaming brats and annoying teens.
Seriously the best part of the beer here is that the pint glasses create one of my favorite sights in the world, beerbergs.  For those of you unaware of this phenomenon, it is the situation in which your glass is so cold your beer freezes up into an iceberg floating in a sea of deliciousness.

The Sportatorium offers a good selection of burgers, and I opted for the concoction known as Bill's Burger.  A 1/2 pound patty of certified Angus chuck, sauteed onions, cheddar, bacon, jalapenos, prime sauce (a sauce similar to Thousand Island known as secret sauce in some other circles), and some miscellaneous burger veggies.   Basically this was a 4th of July fireworks show crammed in between two soft and tasty buns that just kept exploding time and time again with each bite.  I was a fan, but the meal did not end there my friends, no not by a long shot.
These delicious hand cut fries were quite possibly the star of the meal, crispy and full of flavor it was almost a crime to dip them in ketchup, but alas I am weak.

Until next time my hungry little friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment