Sunday, November 13, 2011

Getting My Craft On

Ok so I know once again I have been slacking off lately, but today  I am taking a step back from food yet again so show off my recent project.  As you well know I love beer, specifically craft beer. In my drinking I often find myself staring at the labels admiring the various forms of artwork that finds its way onto a bottle.

So I got the idea one day to take labels and form them into a collage on a small old table that I had to give it a different look.  The original concept was to use labels that I drank, removing them from the label and then gluing them onto the surface of the table.

Unfortunately, that idea was a total failure.  Most labels would tear when I tried to remove them, I had the most success when running them through the dishwasher but that left the labels faded and wrinkled when I dried them out.

That was when a new idea struck me, write the brewery and get them to send me labels that had not been glued and were still in mint condition.  Sure enough, the labels started flowing in and that meant that I finally had to get my craft on with these craft beer labels.

Please disregard the goat dog in the background, Cabron was another boredom project but didn't turn out nearly as amazing as the beer label table.
Overall I would say my craftiness was a success this time in creating something that will have to be thrown out by my future wife.  I'll keep you posted the next time I get bored and come up with a crazy idea.

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea, I want to do this with my old coffee table.

    ReplyDelete