Sunday, October 30, 2011

Revisiting Korean

So tonight's blog post is going to be a lazy one on my part.  I revisited my good friends at Kimchi's in Katy and decided to sample a new dish for you to broaden our adventures into the cuisine of Korea.

The dish this time around is known as Bi Bim Bap, this was actually the first Korean dish I ever read about as sort of a quintessential plate.
As you can see this dish is an explosion of different flavors, and once again in one those ridiculously hot bowls that continues to cook the food as you eat.  I opted for the beef, and it is combined with some bean sprouts, carrots, cabbage, and an egg, all served up on a bed of rice.
As you can see, you once you get all those flavors mixed up every bite is loaded with all sorts of hearty goodness.
My favorite Korean ladies even found my weakness.  Sauces, how can you resist the sweet and the spicy?  Sauces are a magical thing that is kind of like sprinkling unicorn tears on buckets of sunshine.  Basically, pure awesomeness.

Here is the real hidden surprise of the rice bowl, as you mix it up you get some nice crispity crunchity cooked rice that adds a whole new texture and flavor into the dish.  Maybe it was my mom's cooking as I grew up, but I have a certain liking to burned foods once in a while and this is no exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment