Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Operation Overload

First and foremost, please allow me to apologize to those loyal readers of mine for a lack of recent activity.  I have been busy and brain dead lately so what writing I started was not worthy of a posting.

Now on to the food…

Today’s adventure leads us to Burger Tex Grill, a small corner in a strip center that is rather unassuming and one that I have driven by for nearly a year before ever actually stepping foot in there.  It is located at Barker Cypress and I-10 on the north side near the Bally’s gym. 

As you can see the operation is fairly bare bones, the menu contains just a few items, but as with many themes in this blog, I am perfectly fine with the concept of doing one thing and doing it right.

Even the numbering system for your order is about as simple as it gets… yes that is a number written on my cup.

The food is about as simple as everything else seems to be here in the restaurant.  A cheeseburger and fries does not get much more basic than that.

Fortunately, there was a bar of condiments and let’s just say I might have gotten a little out of hand.  Of course you have the basics of onions, lettuce, and tomatoes but that is not where I lost my self control.  I bypassed those for jalapenos, pico de gallo, and then two crock pots located at the end of the cold bar.  Grilled onions and queso were too good to pass up and next thing I knew I had this pile of awesome.

Sure the burgers were decent, the ingredients were ok, but all the flavors combined helped to cover up whatever bad flavors there might have been.  Basically, I just pummeled my taste buds into submission and told that they would enjoy it.  The queso covered fries certainly didn’t hurt either.

No comments:

Post a Comment