Monday, October 10, 2011

Just Peachy

I have often driven by the signs along I-45 between Dallas and Houston luring me off the highway with the promise of peaches, but until recently I have resisted.  However, on my recent return from Dallas I gave into my weakness and decided to stop in the little town of Fairfield, Texas and visit the Cooper Farms store.

Upon pulling up to the place you might wonder to yourself “What have I gotten myself into?” You will find yourself in the parking lot of an Exxon station in which all of the gas pumps are labeled peaches instead of Exxon…  Quite an interesting scene, but do not let the exterior trick you, head on inside and admire the awesomeness that is the Cooper Farms roadside stand.

Of course they have what you came looking for, more peaches than you could ever want in your life.  I do not claim to be an expert on fruit by any means, but I think I caught these peaches too late in the season; they were hard and small so I will not pass judgment on them for that.

There was also a wide variety of other vegetables including beans, potatoes, squash, tomatoes, and just about anything else you could want.

Not to mention a lot of nuts.

The real star this day though was their line of goods.

The pies were amazing; I picked up a peach pie, a soft sweet pocket of heaven that I probably could have eaten 100 of it I set my mind to it.

Fortunately, I didn’t and saved room for some peach ice cream. Definitely a good call to make on this warm fall day, and definitely a good way to break up the 4 hour drive down 45.

No comments:

Post a Comment