Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Parlez-vous français? Part Deux

I first visited Café Bretagne a few months ago, and it was quite frankly delicious.  So naturally, I had to make a return trip to this quiet little cafe.
Once again that dangerous French bread made an appearance at my table.  Last time I went with Salade Ouissant but decided to venture down a different road this go around, the Escalope de Poulet a la Normande.  This tender chicken breast is topped with a mushroom cream sauce and served up with a salad and fries.

The salad was the same rich flavored dressing that appeared on the Ouissant, and some delicious fresh veggies.
The fries were nothing to write home about, but still a good salty accent to the rich creaminess of the other items on the plate.
Unfortunately, the meal had to end, and once again that mean my will power was to be pushed to its very limit, and once again it would snap.
I suppose as on small consolation, I did try a different crepe this go around, opting for the honey crepe instead of the classic crepe I devoured last time.  This one was still devoured, but it was oh so delicious.
Now in closing, I must deliver some bad news bears upon you my loyal readers, Café Bretagne has closed its doors, now it may only be temporary but I could really use a crepe right about now... Damn diets.

No comments:

Post a Comment