Wednesday, January 18, 2012

2+2=Awesome

So I felt bad leaving tonight's blog posting on a sour note, especially after my Kansas State Wildcats pulled off a pretty exciting victory over those silly cows from Austin.  So naturally, I decided to double up this evening and leave you with some pleasant thoughts.  The title is in reference to combining two of my favorite things, brunch and Tex-Mex, so yes it is awesome.
Cyclone Anaya was a wrestler, evidently a pretty good wrestler, although I highly doubt he was ever quite so good as this man.
Unfortunately, the Macho Man never hawked anything better than Slim Jim (granted those can be dangerously addictive), ergo he loses to Cyclone in the context of this blog.  Cyclone also beat out another former wrestler turned restaurant owner... Basically, most wrestlers should stay out of the food industry but I for one am thankful Cyclone and his family did not, cue the entrance song, and brace yourself for Cyclone Anaya's.
Chips and salsa... Better than any pyrotechnics or stage music I ever witness on a wrestling show.

I came here for one reason and one reason only this day though, I came for the brunch.  For those of you that remember the rules about brunch from my previous blog postings, that means it is okay to drink in the morning.  Not that I ever need much rationalization in the first place for it, but this makes it a little more socially acceptable.
For those of you out there who are amateurs, you should start with this, a good Spicy Bloody Mary.  Unless of course you have an unnatural fear of vodka or are simply a fan of beer the Michelada may be more your style.
For you astute readers out there you may have noticed a change of venue, we decided that the weather was too nice to sit inside at a bar so we took to the patio.  Please disregard all shadows, the sun was not kind and I was drinking, so it basically makes me a less than amateur photographer.  I do weddings.  Now that the shameless plug is out of the way, let's continue on with some grubbage.
Once again ignore the shadow, but here we have what I like to consider a staple of my Tex-Mex/Mexican/Anything breakfast, Chorizo and Eggs.  Scrambled eggs mixed in with the spicy Mexican sausage (yes there are differences in chorizo based on its country of origin, and I will be frank with you, from what I have tasted I think the Mexicans do it best), served of course with a side of frijoles and rice.  This is quite possibly one of the best hangover breakfasts out there, even better if you can find it wrapped in a tortilla to avoid spilling all over yourself as you lay in a puddle of humiliation.  Or you can be a real winner and go drink while you eat it off a fancy plate.  Your call, I am just the blogger getting carpal tunnel here for your own amusement.  Now onto the kinkier brunch item.
Look it comes on an elongated fancy plate so it must be good right?  Yes in fact that is correct, these my cheeky little friend are Crab Cakes Florentine.  Two jumbo lump crab cakes, topped with spinach, poached eggs, and wait for it... jalapeno hollandaise sauce.  I am going to give you a moment to let that all soak in and collect your thoughts.........................................
So I may not be the biggest fan of crabs, but I am a huge fan of Eggs Benedict, so I decided to go over the top here and give this one a go.  Look at those gigantic pieces of crab! Seriously, this thing is amazing, I mean the sauce and crab is so good that you almost forget that there is a huge pile of healthy stuff wedged in between it.  That is until you spend the rest of your day picking out pieces from your teeth, me personally, I like to leave them in as a badge of honor, rubbing it in everyone's faces that "Yes, I did just eat spinach want to fight about it?"

Thanks for tolerating tonight's crazy double blog post, I would think that those buggers would have been worth your time and patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment