Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Not Your Typical Pizza

I have found my favorite pizza thus far in the city of Houston, and tonight I have decided share this with you.

Candelari's Pizzeria is located on Washington Avenue, just west of the roundabout located at Westcott, there are other locations around town if you check their website and do not really feel like driving.  I have been here a few times now, the beer is always a good selection, and the food is even better.

They carry two types of pizza at Candelari's, Euro-Style and Signature, the Euro is a thin pizza with some different toppings, and the signature pizza is more traditional with your standard toppings in heaping piles.

My personal favorite is the Euro, the thin pizza is amazing and the simple toppings work wonders. My personal favorite is the Quattro Formaggi pizza, a pesto pizza with smoked provolone,  gorgonzola, mozzarella, and grana padano.  Pesto is definitely my favorite pizza sauce, the smooth flavor of olive oil and basil works wonders on a pizza. The cheese create a bold blend that complement the pesto excellently, a bold kick in the mouth with each bite.

For a Signature pizza I recommend the Papa Albert's, their version of the supreme pizza, a pie loaded with Italian sausage, black olives, onions, pepperoni, bell peppers, mushrooms, and my new favorite pizza topping green olives.  The ingredients are fresh and full of flavor from the bold sausage flavors to the tangy zip of green olives, the pizza is a home run.

Candelari's claims that they are "Not Your Typical Pizzeria" and they live up to that oath, from their salads to their wide variety of pizzas, even the pasta dishes that I saw walking past me all looked delicious.  As I said earlier, Candelari's is my new favorite pizza in town and I will definitely find myself walking through these doors from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment