Friday, February 17, 2012

Coming Clean

So I might have been deceiving my loyal readers recently with my blog posts, but today I am coming clean.  I am currently in a workplace diet competition, but the second part is the simple fact that I am way behind on my blog postings.

So today I am finally catching up to a blog posting that happened over Thanksgiving, yes only a few months late for those of you who are counting.

My family has few heirlooms, and even few that are truly useful, but in a recent family get together for Thanksgiving here in H-Town we busted out our crown jewel.
This is our family grinder, in its heyday you could grind just about everything with this handy dandy hand grinder.... Now for those of you avid followers of American Pickers or something along those lines this has no value because my great-grandfather tweaked the original design with a twisted wing nut for a missing component.  This grinder has a patent date from the 1800s ...I do not know what exactly that means but it sure seems awesome.
This grinder makes its annual appearance to grind up cranberries to knock out a great jelly.
After proving my usefulness as the younger male in the family that sacrifices his arm for the sake of the common good, I handed off the ground up berries to my grandmother.
Evidently the secret to all of this, as with most things, is sugar, you let it all simmer and next thing you know you have a cranberry jelly that puts everything I have ever tasted from a can to shame.
If all else fails there is always the perfect fall beer to down with your Thanksgiving goodness.  St Arnold Pumpkinator, a powerful brew, an Imperial Pumpkin Stout that is full of flavor and a 10% ABV that makes it all worth while.

No comments:

Post a Comment